Volunteers play a crucial role in the success of the Hutan Subur Conservation Project. As a volunteer, you will be welcomed to our shared volunteer space, which can accommodate up to six volunteers at a time. Our project aims to convert an old rubber tree plantation back to forest, and we invite you to join us in this endeavour by participating in the following activities:
- Planting seeds and growing the future jungle
- Planting trees and bamboo as part of the Conservation Wildlife Biolink Project
- Attracting snakes, monkeys, birds, and other wildlife
- Controlling pests and diseases
- Marking out sections of land for the Sponsor a Rante program
- Emailing people invites to sponsor a tree.
Volunteer Permaculture Tasks
- Helping us grow vegetables in our permaculture garden.
- Beautifying our garden
- Watering and fertilizing any plants that need it.
- Replanting nursery plants as needed.
- Mulching garden beds
- Maintaining the garden to ensure a supply of vegetables for the kitchen.
Volunteer Forestry Tasks
- Pruning dead or diseased branches
- Planting new seeds and plants for the forestry and garden projects
- Pruning trees to encourage bushier growth.
- Replacing rotten bamboo in the garden structures
Volunteer Local People Advancement Tasks
- Teaching our staff new skills, such as English and gardening
Volunteer Ecolodge Tasks
- Helping keep the shed, stores, and equipment room in order.
- Tuning and fixing the motorbike
- Using special skills, such as building, carpentry, organizing, and repairs, to improve our service and lodge.
- Contacting tree sponsors about their plants’ progress
- Posting about us on social media to help us get more great volunteers like you.
In addition, we ask that volunteers help us maintain a pleasant environment for everyone by keeping noise levels down after 9pm. Your contributions will not only help us achieve our conservation goals but also create a sustainable and welcoming space for visitors and wildlife alike.